The J. T. Davis House has been known by two other names, the Meehan House and the Robert McCrory House. Built in the 1860’s, the house is an example of French Second Empire architecture. The house is located at 723 South 4th Street (Ironton, Ohio) or at the corner of Monroe and 4th Street. The structure is known for its massive and irregular proportions. It has a tiled, mansard roof supported by exposed decorated brackets. The windows are semi-circular with plain lug sills and decorated hoodmold treatment above them. The house has a stone foundation and was one of two original houses on the block between Monroe and Madison.