Originally called Eagle Brewing Company, the Ebert Brewery stock house was erected in 1863 on the corner of Seventh and Railroad Streets. Leo Ebert was the owner and operator until his death in 1908. By 1875, 6,000 barrels of beer and ale was produced annually. In 1891, a fire caused $10,000 worth of damage. After the flood of 1884, the brewery was used as a soup kitchen for flood victims. Otto Ebert took control of the brewery after his father’s death in 1908. The company was reorganized as the Ironton Brewing Company in 1917. The brewery closed after the passing of the 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. No beer was produced after May 1, 1919.