The Goldcamp Hardware Company was founded in 1893. At the time the store employed six people.
Located at 410 Center Street, the store was remodeled in the 1960’s. The Hardware Department was completely remodeled. The Furniture Department was remodeled and expanded. Tile Flooring was added. New fixtures were installed. A space was made for a colorful window display. The story even added an appliance department.
By 1962, the store would have fourteen full time employees.