Two country doctors, Dr. C. G. Gray of Lawrence Furnace and Dr. Alfred Robinson of Arabia, opened a drug store on the corner of Third and Chesnut in 1880. The doctor’s patients were treated in offices in the rear of the building. The building, also, had the first emergency operating room in the city, fifteen years before the Deaconness Hospital was opened. The second floor of the building held the first union hall in Ironton. The Foster Stove Co. moulders organized there in 1885. A carpenter’s union met on the second floor for forty years. In 1892, Dr. Robinson moved across the street to a different building. Other businesses to operate from this location include: W. L. Schweickart Lumber Co. office, South Side Building & Loan Association, Charles Mohr shoe store, Adams Oil Station, Pail Penotte restaurant, and Standard Cycle Shop.