The Ironton Cement Company was established in 1901. S. B. Steece was the president of the company. Henry A. Marting was the vice president. A.C. Steece was named secretary. Other members of the board were Leo Ebert, F. C. Tomlinson, S. G. Gifillan, John H. Lucas, W. P. Lewis, J. W. Slater and F. L. McCauley.
The company had a limestone mine that reached 578 feet under the earth. In 1910, while workers were drilling for gas, another 100 foot thick vein of limestone was found.
In 1949, Alpha Portland Cement Company bought the Ironton Cement Company.