Located at the corner of Front Street and Railroad, the Ironton House was one of the first hotels in Ironton. E. Hurd was the owner and manager.
In 1876, the Ironton House became noted for a flag pole placed in front of the hotel. The flag pole was described as the tallest flag pole in the world at the time. It was installed for the Tilden-Hayes presidential election.
Colonel William Hughes became the manager. Then, he was succeeded by T.H. B. Jones in 1895.