Located on the corner of 4th and Railroad Streets, the Mart F. Cloran Grocery Store was organized by Mart F. Cloran in the 1890’s. The site was purchased by Cloran from Charles Murdock.
Over the years, Mart made some additions to his store. He added a lower section on North 4th Street. He purchased Gholson’s Funeral Parlor, a Chinese laundry, Willard’s Restaurant, and another grocery story to make room to expand his store.
The last owners and operators of the Mart F. Cloran Grocery Store were Martin T. Cloran, Lawrence F. Cloran, and Miss Hilda Cloran, children of Mart F. Cloran.
In 1966, the store was torn down to make room for the new Ironton Post Office located at 4th and Railroad.