Also known as the Russell House, the Captain William Bay House was built in the 1880’s. Captain William Bay was the house’s architect. Captain Bay chose to design his house in the Second Empire Victorian style. The irregular shaped house has two and half stories with a basement. It has a mansard truncated slate hip roof. The house is situated on an ashlar foundation. A boxed tower facing northeast has a Fleur de lis decoration and wrought iron cresting around the top.
Today, the house is located at 620 South 6th Street, Ironton, Ohio.