Woodland Cemetery

Entrance to Woodland Cemetery

    In September of 1870, an ordinance was passed by the Ironton City Council to purchase land for a cemetery. The site for Woodland Cemetery was purchased by Dr. Orin C. Newton in February 1871. At that time, the land was called “Old Judge Newton Farm.” It included fifty-nine acres and cost $10,000.00. In the same month, Engineer Grove plaid out the plots for the cemetery. Woodland was dedicated in 1871.

     Below are links to the biographies of some of the many people buried in Woodland Cemetery.

 


Source URL: https://briggslibrary.com/content/woodland-cemetery