The Parrott Rifles were made in 1861 at the West Point Foundry in Cold Springs, New York. The guns were presented to the Ironton, Ohio Grand Army of the Republic Post 165 for memorials in 1882. Today, only fifty-seven Parrott Rifles still exist in America. Woodland Cemetery has four which bear the numbers 3, 6, 12, and 24. Today, the weapons stand at the four corners of the civil war burial plot.