We currently have two positions open with the library! To apply, please fill out our employment application at bit.ly/BriggsApp.
Branch Manager: Ironton Branch (Full time, 35 hours per week. Starting wage is $18-20/hour.)
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 years of library experience.
Requires supervisory ability.
Requires three years of progressive management experience in similar work environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to meet and serve the public effectively.
Understanding of the basic aims and services of Libraries.
Ability to make decisions and supervise the work of others.
Ability to interpret and evaluate the needs of users and employees.
Ability to learn library terminology, principles, methods and procedures.
Knowledge of computer skills and ability to follow with precision procedures for starting up, shutting down or restarting the computer system, including ability to climb steps to reach routers/modems.
Ability to climb steps/stairs and the ability to reach up (or climb step stool) to 8’ or bend down to 6” off floor, Ability to lift 30 lbs and push or pull loaded (up to 100 lbs.) book cart.)
Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Ability to perform basic custodial duties when necessary, including emptying trash, mop floor, vacuum, clean sinks/toilets and change light bulbs (ability to climb 6’ step ladder).
To manage and supervise the daily operations of the branch library.
To promote the use of the library, its collection and services by assisting in the programming, setting up displays, public speaking and writing.
To exercise discretion and judgment in work performance.
Reports to the Executive Director.
Supervise and train staff and address staff and patron problems.
Oversee scheduling of staff, arranging for substitutions in cases of absences or vacation, and personally responsible to provide coverage for absences in emergency situations.
Assist patrons in whatever way necessary to meet their needs, and assist staff as they assist patrons, to ensure patrons don’t have to wait unnecessarily for assistance.
Coordinate and market library services and programs.
Assist with Library programs and displays.
Ensure materials are shelved and materials are circulated efficiently.
Serve as liaison to the branch’s Friends Group.
Oversee public meeting rooms and public bulletin boards.
Sign for and check all shipments received.
Arrange for tours and other programs for school and community groups.
Oversee the physical plant inside and outside including performing necessary custodial duties.
Responsible for seeing the buildings opened and closed on time.
Prepare all reports, paperwork, statistics, and personnel materials as required by the administration or the Board.
Other duties as required.
Supervised by Director
Branch Circulation Clerk: South Point Branch (Part-time, 21 hours per week at $9/hour.)
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Six months of related experience or any combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct customer service to the Library’s patrons and visitor and registers new patrons and issues library cards.
- Serves patrons in a courteous and business-like manner.
- Assists patrons in the procurement of books and materials.
- Performs efficiently with Circulation computer functions and the Public Access Catalog system.
- Assists patrons in operating machines, such as the catalog search computers, copiers, public computers and faxing.
- Assists patrons with filling requests for interlibrary loans.
- Performs database searches for patrons.
- Inspects returned materials for damages and responds accordingly.
- Instructs patrons on location of basic library policies and procedures for conduct and library usage and may assist in explanation of such.
- Answers patron questions/queries in person or by telephone, including placing holds and renewals of materials or directs them to the party that can assist them with their requests.
- Assists patrons with directional and basic reference questions and directs in-depth reference questions and tasks to the Branch Manager as needed.
- Performs simple equipment maintenance, such as receipt tape or toner replacement.
- Prepares materials for re-shelving, assists in shelving materials, and does shelf reading for the purpose of producing shelf guides. Process and shelve periodicals in a timely fashion.
- Process inter library and inter-department branch materials and requests.
- Performs general clerical duties, such as answering telephones, e-mails, routing messages, sorting mail, processing over-dues, and calling patron holds.
- Collects money for fines, fees, faxes, copies, lost books, etc.
- Assists in unpacking new library materials, creating displays, decorating and other promotions.
- Assists in Library programs.
- Additional similar or relative duties may be assigned that would fall within this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A working knowledge of library techniques including current methods and equipment or the ability to attain such skills through training.
- Ability to meet and serve the public effectively.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to type and work well with computers.
- Knowledge and interest in books and other library materials and media.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds; move a 100 pound book cart; reach or extend fully (or stand on step stool, up to six feet heights and be able to stoop to accommodate shelving four inches off the floor.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, walk, twist, push and carry to perform essentials of the position. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a dusty, public environment.
Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager