On March 1, 1925, Indiana Flooring Company bought the Yellow Poplar Lumber Company. However, the company was short lived. In 1928, Indiana Flooring Company went bankrupt. The property was sold at public auction.
The village of Coal Grove bought the property in the 1960’s. They erected a water plant in 1972 and a sewer plant in 1987.
The drying kilns were the only part of the plant still standing. They were torn down in 1987 when they began to fall. For fear of public safety, the last signs of the company were torn down.